I received this complimentary product through the Homeschool Review Crew.
Healthy Habit Trackers:
We received a digital download containing 12 challenges with colorful tracking sheets. Each challenge includes a list of 5-6 daily tasks to perform over the course of a month.
Challenge activities include:
- Tracker Challenge #1 – Muscular Endurance -An exercise circuit for physical health.
- Tracker Challenge #2 – Household Chores – Chores around the house that kids can help with.
- Tracker Challenge #3 – Healthy Body – Personal care.
- Tracker Challenge #4 – Kindness – Tasks to show kindness to others.
- Tracker Challenge #5 – Nutrition – Build healthy eating habits.
- Tracker Challenge #6 – Locomotor – Tasks to improve balance, strength, and coordination.
- Tracker Challenge #7 – Boot Camp – Conditioning exercise circuit.
- Tracker Challenge #8 – Yoga Flow – Basic yoga style poses for strength, flexibility, and breathing.
- Tracker Challenge #9 – Cardio – A five-minute circuit of whole-body exercises.
- Tracker Challenge #10 – Flexibility – Stretches to improve range of motion.
- Tracker Challenge #11 – Muscular Strength – Exercises to improve muscular strength.
- Tracker Challenge #12 – Bee Fit – A mix of tasks that cover strength, movement, hydration, and kindness.
The goal of each challenge is to help kids build consistency. By recording completed activities each day, kids will develop healthy daily habits.
Healthy Habit Trackers are recommended for ages 6-18 but could be used for an entire family. Suggestions are provided on how to use the challenges individually, for a family, or within a classroom environment.
My teen son volunteered for the flexibility challenge. He already has a workout plan but was not consistent with stretching. Keeping the sheet on a clipboard, he went through each task prior to exercising. He did not take the time to check off the sheet but appreciated the visual reminder of each stretch.
My teen daughter used the flexibility and muscular endurance challenges. She also used printed sheets to guide her activity but did not consistently mark her completed progress. She liked how the sheets reminded her of what exercise to do each day.
Overall, the tracker challenges are great for developing healthy habits. The activities are fun and could engage a varied age of participants. The exercise of logging completed tasks on the tracking sheets is a wonderful tool for encouraging younger kids. I feel the overall age recommendation is not accurate for my family.
I would definitely recommend Healthy Habit Trackers to families with younger children. This is a fun tool to support homeschool PE and overall healthy habits for kids. I would have loved to have had this program when my kids were in the 5-12 age range.
Click on the image below to see how others from the homeschool review crew are using Healthy Habit Trackers from American Coaching Academy.